View Single Post
Old Posted Oct 19, 2017, 6:35 PM

^^Ahh I almost forgot about that one. I can't say i'd shed any tears for the old student housing tower (brown building to the right of new dorms in LCA cam, i believe) but it would be cool if before tearing it down Wayne State would shop the idea of some kind of conversion around considering the 98% residential occupancy rate in midtown.

Quote:
Wayne State fundraising for activated park at Woodward and Warren

BY ROBIN RUNYAN
Curbed Detroit
OCT 18, 2017

How can Wayne State University (WSU) best use a plot of land that could create a stronger link between the public and the university? A new crowdfunding campaign would activate the large green space at the corner of Woodward and Warren. If WSU can raise $25,000 by November 17, the Michigan Economic Development Corporation will match it with a $25,000 Public Spaces, Community Places grant.

The campaign has already raised nearly $11,000 with contributions from the Michigan Department of Transportation, Rainbow Child Care Center, and the Detroit Public Library Foundation.

The initiative aims at creating more of a gateway to Wayne State at this high-traffic corner. Funding would go toward adding seating, shading, landscaping, and lawn games. It will also be home to a satellite kiosk for Detroit Experience Factory and WSU Placemaking. This park isn’t meant to be a permanent fixture; according to the campaign, “Our prototype park will help us understand how students, employees, residents, and visitors use this space before deciding on a long-term use.”

https://detroit.curbed.com/2017/10/1...oodward-warren

Says the pot to the kettle in a moment of self projection

Last edited by Docta_Love; Oct 19, 2017 at 6:47 PM.