View Single Post
Old Posted Nov 16, 2014, 3:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nezbn22 View Post
While fun to fantasize about, projects like the aerial cable cars and the bike/pedestrian tube under the Coronado Bridge are soooo far from anything close to real possibilities.

I like Ron Roberts, but this is the perfect example of a termed out politician taking one last hail mary swing for the fence. He got the Waterfront Park done after years of fighting, though, so he's allowed one last whopper in my book.

I'm pretty sure I saw this idea floated somewhere, but I'd love to see someone go after an elevated walkway around downtown (copying New York's new High Line). You could slap it right on top of the trolley line running east on C St. from One American Plaza to City College and then down Park Blvd to the library/Petco/transit center.

The only obstacle I see is the old County courthouse that spans C St. between Union and Front. But that's scheduled for demolition once the new courthouse is built. It would create a mostly uninterrupted pedestrian loop around downtown if you combine it with the waterfront.

That's my swing for the fences fantasy project...
I'd be for this if it were a privately funded venture and viewed as a project intended for tourism rather than looked at as an alternative mode of transportation that the city wastes its own time and money on. lol And if they wanted this to look like a cool, modern way of getting around town they could have at least used pods that don't look like leftovers from the People Mover at Disneyland.