View Single Post
Old Posted Nov 19, 2014, 6:13 PM
Babylon falling

Travis your story infuriates me Have you guys considered going to the media with this story? It sounds like the premise of "low cost coastal access" is similar to what is delaying Sunroad from moving forward with its huge hotel project on Harbor Island.

Faulconer and Jerry Brown talk about jobs, well how many jobs have the Coastal Commission held up with instances similar to what Travis just laid out? I'm sure the mayor of Imperial Beach has lambasted the CC and tried to get in touch with Jerry Browns office.

I spent a decent amount of time in IB this year and it was growing on me and I could see the potential. Projects of this nature is exactly what that city needs to start to bring in more professional mid income people. There is almost nothing modern with quality architecture in IB and this sounded so awesome. When people in a community see solid structures being built in their area it gives them a sense of self worth and they think "Ok someone cares about IB and is willing to invest here". Something must be done about this.