View Single Post
Old Posted Feb 22, 2012, 10:24 PM
TL;DR

I thought tilting trainsets were fairly impractical in the US because they require a much higher level of maintenance? Otherwise we would have seen them a long time ago.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonboy1983 View Post
Having a couple more track connections? I'm not sure what you mean by that. Do you mean Amtrak having more train routings in the Greater Cleveland area? Amtrak could have been going in that direction, but the genius governor killed the proposed Ohio-hub project. He said it was excessive spending, and I think he's full of it.
The West Shore project is a commuter line out to Sandusky, and as I understand it, the project has the support of the state government (probably the project boosters are not asking for any state money). Initially it would simply link to the Red Line at West Blvd, but later phases call for the commuter trains to be extended to new platforms at Tower City. If these are built, then Amtrak could switch to them instead of the crappy site on the lakefront. But in order to do this, there are a couple of junctions that would need to be reconfigured.