View Single Post
Old Posted Mar 15, 2013, 2:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Komeht View Post
I take it from your response that your idea of community is everybody acquiescing to the loudest neighbors.
No Sir ( or madam) that is not a logical or accuate conclusion from anything I have said. I quite clearly stated what my feelings are about the argument being "reported" from Bridges:
" The Sunlight Argument is silly and distorts other issues."

My idea of community in my city and forum is a place where there are ratioanl discussions and empathic responses to situations that may well affect any of us at some point in time. Be that Horizontal or vertical communities.

Change is inevitalbe. People should do their due dilignece before moving into a neighborhood. Reasonable timelines for change are hard to predict. Homeowners ( vertical and horizontal) need to look forward with "reasonable" expectations for growth patterns before investing. For me, reasonable timelines and change is what seems to be in play here. We all should know ( at least on here) that zoning and laws will evolve. I do feel that for the sake of investment, some "reasonable" stability and predictabily is necessary. Rapid growth seems to fuel the sense of what is reasonable. But, yes, let the buyer beware.

On the other hand: I have every right to work to affect development in the neigborhood I invested in ( mine being vertical and downtown)... and I have. I have fought for bars and restaurants that other neighbors thought would not be healhty. I have fought against ill planned and invasive student housing that would be transitory and value threathing. I have fought for high rises that would push boundaries of height but would bring welcome activity and value driven neighbors. My right in all cases.

I think more people need to ask themselves how they would feel if an unexpected development, ( for what ever the reason) was to be built 8 feet from your bedroom window.
Would you not at least work to have something to say about it.???? (... you should then pray, in my case and possibly the Bridges, the person quoted in the paper is not the silly old lady who has nothing to do but make up feeble quotes! LOL!)

( I am talking down the American flag and turning off the fife playing in the background now)