View Single Post
Old Posted Feb 29, 2020, 3:37 PM
All-American City Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by skysoar View Post
Its time to show up at these meetings and voice our displeasure at a continuous down-heighting at some of our most prominent sights for Supertalls in our city. Reilly seems to have a pre-occupation with height-cuts and eliminating accessories like hotels etc. I can see some adjustments and limitations in areas outside the core city, but to go from a site once approved for a Mega-Tall..( 2000 ft.) to this is very disappointing.We are at the point now that whenever you hear a great proposal for downtown that the excitement is greatly tempered, waiting for the other foot, or in this case other feet to drop. Again what time, and date is the meeting on 400 N Lakeshore drive.
I agree. I think the city is only really hearing one side of the story with NIMBYs being very vocal. I have been to a few of these things but admittedly I don't speak up because I'm not from these areas and I don't feel confident to voice my opinions, but I might have to just throw something in there about the city is being held back when we need all of the development and growth we can get at this time.
4. Chicago Board of Trade - Chicago - Holabird & Root - Photo
5. Cathedral of Learning - Pittsburgh - Charles Klauder - Photo