View Single Post
Old Posted Aug 10, 2010, 11:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fenwick16 View Post
I had never seen a road sign mounted over a sidewalk before until now. It is an interesting concept.
I found it weird when they first started installing them but they have grown on me. They're mostly on the main drags and the newer sections of the park and have a 7-8 foot clearance so as long as you don't wear one of those large inflatable hats you wo'nt even notice them while walking.

This was in Metro News. There's no mention of height or exact address but I'll keep my eyes open on Wal-Mart runs;

Quote:
Work to start on blood service centre
Cost to build centre not finalized Current location an empty lot
Philip Croucher/Metro Halifax
METRO HALIFAX

Work is scheduled to begin this fall on the Canadian Blood Services’ new production centre for all blood and blood products in the Maritimes.

The centre, to be located on John Savage Drive in Dartmouth’s City of the Lakes Industrial Park, will see blood collected at clinics across the Maritimes, shipped to the new facility for processing and distribution.

“This will be a state-of-the-art manufacturing and distribution centre,” said CBS’s chief operating officer Ian Mumford, prior to yesterday’s official groundbreaking event.

A construction tender for the 65,000-square-foot centre closes today with the facility expected to be up-and-running by early 2012.

Investment
In March of 2009, Canadian Blood Services announced a $38-million investment towards re-development plans for Atlantic Canada.

• Inclusion Investment includes the new production facility in Dartmouth and a new permanent blood donor clinic at the Village of Bayers Road in Halifax.

• Open The blood donor clinic is scheduled to open in early 2011.

• Ship The current Halifax-based production facility for CBS sees blood shipped from Nova Scotia and Prince Edward Island, but not New Brunswick.

• An estimated 86K of blood donations to be processed out of the centre each year.