View Single Post
Old Posted Jul 13, 2010, 1:03 AM
Shoebox Dweller

Looks like I was right about the overpass leading directly into the parking. Here is the proposed layout (including widening of the overpass).
http://www.quaysideboard.com/oldsite...rpass_0608.pdf

Here are some photos that I took today:

Overview of the site from the Skytrain Station - significant activity on the middle part of the lot now.

Looks like they are demolishing the old Salvation Army even further. Looks like only the walls will be left in the end (with some of the upper walls taken out, probably to join to other structures). Safeway will be on the top level, and Shoppers Drug Mart will be on the bottom level.

Scaffolding is going up around the Salvation Army building on the Skytrain side, perhaps preparing for integration?

Showing how the concrete is sloped with the overpass and how the rebar only extends to where the walls will go (allowing space for connection to the overpass). Bonus: My finger!

Showing the height now (time for the cinema levels!).

West side of the site, looking East at all of the work going on:

Showing how high the structure is getting relative to the Skytrain Track - there should be at least one more level above this, I believe.

Also, I found this document on another website that lists the stores that are going in. As of the publishing of that document (unknown), there will be:
-10 screen Landmark Cinemas theatre
-Safeway
-RBC
-CIBC
-Subway
-Extreme Pita
-Megabite
-Liquor Store (probably a relocation of the 57 below liquor store)
-A store that looks like it is called "Logo" (anybody know what this is?)
-A&W
-Bread Garden
-Shoppers Drug Mart
-International News

Last edited by Spork; Jul 13, 2010 at 1:19 AM.