View Single Post
Old Posted Aug 31, 2015, 4:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamInTheLoop View Post
Thanks........so they have indeed removed the pepperoni from one of the slices? Well, that's a start, I suppose.......

In all seriousness though, am I imagining that a demo permit was issued, and they had scaffolding or something up previously that appeared to be for the demo?? Did they take that down, or am I making it up? Or, was that for something else??.....
I imagine Magellan, being wise beyond their years (though not really since the Low-end-burgs have been building here for literally generations), wants to keep the construction cycles of their towers as offset as possible to minimize cannibalization of their own project and risk. That's really what is impressive about this boom. The growth has been very consistent and people seem to calculate before just throwing another log on the fire. Things are getting frothy along Chicago Ave, but given the low land prices (some lots are selling for less than $200/SF) the developers probably have a good margin built into these projects.

Back to the point at hand, if I were Magellan I would want delivery of Gino's to follow about 6 months behind delivery of Hojo which means a fall start. I wouldn't want units at one tower competing while I'm still trying to lease up the other.