View Single Post
Old Posted Sep 2, 2011, 5:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by empire-steel View Post
I recently traveled to Arizona few weeks ago and find Tucson more authentic than Phoenix. I noticed a lot of construction in downtown Tucson and according to my friends it's getting better by the month. I agree. I compared the photos then and now, Tucson is much more improved. I love the Rialto, Club Congress, 4th Ave. area. The UofA is so much like an Ivy League school. The mountains nearby is very interesting being that there's a lake with green pine trees on top while you got desert at the base of the mountains. Biking is a blast!

I'm sorry to say, Phoenix has this fake, dull, bland, monotonous look and feel character. Almost everything looks the same.
Tucson threads always illicit comparisons to Phoenix. I much prefer Phoenix (obviously, as I live here) over Tucson... I've been everywhere in both cities and they both have their own plusses and minuses. Phoenix being monotnous? Sure, but so are suburbs of most every city... you probably just didn't make it to the "coolest" places in Phoenix, while your friends seem to live in Tucson and probably knew all of the "cool" places and took you there. Regardless, it's to each his own and I hope you enjoyed Arizona overall.

BUT UofA an ivy league school? I have NO clue how you can make that comparison. LOLOLOLOLOLOL If UofA is like an Ivy League school, every university in America is like an Ivy League school.