View Single Post
Old Posted Mar 8, 2018, 5:45 PM

I once visited this state. I didn't notice any particular inequity (I hardly watch anyone's bank account anyway, I don't give a feuk), but they say this would be the one tax haven state in the US, which is definitely wrong.

For example, that's where Amazon would move much of their money from Luxembourg, so they don't pay any tax in Europe.
Moreover, Amazon is turning into the monopoly of online shopping, by crushing any of their potential rival on purpose, which is very unsafe. Monopoly is the most dangerous thing to the economy.
Oh, and Jeff Bezos may be the wealthiest person on Earth by stock market assets, he nonetheless would be a complete asshole by his management. If you're an engineer, like a computer scientist specialized in big data analysis or something, Amazon is surely the one place to be at the moment. But if you lack education, care and skills, they would exhaust you to death, which is unfair when everyone's brain is pretty much the same.
It's really not such a hard thing to code algorithms that researchers found before anyone uses them when you focus... I don't see why those would get privileges while others are ill-treated. It's not only unfair, but also completely stupid as it causes harm to macro economy.

It's either dangerously naive or outrageously cynical to state that the public authorities would be useless, and that they wouldn't be worth taxes.
People stating such silly things are called Libertarians. They agree on the tax haven concept, which should piss everybody off. Those people are as dishonest as the creepy communists.
I don't like them at all.

I know many rich people in the US are philanthropists, giving loads of money to charity and all on their personal accounts, to thank society for their success. That's a traditional custom in the US, and it's fine. Great tradition. We're aware of it.
But I suspect the successful will never be as wise or generous as they should be, so I still would advocate the democratic public authorities to enforce wisdom and discipline in this whole system to some extent.