View Single Post
Old Posted Apr 8, 2012, 1:53 PM
I am the law!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dleung View Post
So you’re blaming Ontario’s teachers for bad architecture? How are office towers elsewhere funded differently? The source of the money is inconsequential. The quality and cost of office tower construction is twice that of residential, hence the best and least-cookie-cutter designs are expected to be office
I'm more concerned about your hand picking of select project. Sure the title may say "office tower envy" however, you infer a select group of office towers reflect the city's architecture as a whole. The pension funds are out for the largest tenants who demand massive squarish floor plates. I don't know if you've ever been in Scotia Plaza however, it's dank and cramped in comparison to TD Centre, Commerce Court West and Bay Adelaide. I also wouldn't go so far to call these simply glass "boxes" bad architecture over the lack of "innovative" add ons such as a full height atrium or a couple poles on the roof. The materials are quality; they meet the street extremely well; and the spaces are light and airy. And, I don't understand why you singled out the Ontario teachers in your response. BCIMC has been and continues to be as busy.