View Single Post
Old Posted Nov 27, 2017, 3:41 AM

Bubb90 I am glad that SMF is deciding to finally renovate the security area in Terminal A! Terminal A had some problems with its security line the past few years but now with the steadily increasing passenger numbers (according to the SCAS reports it’s supposed to break the 2007 record of 10.7 million) the security lines are much more noticeable.

I do hope the work at SMF, the increase in passenger numbers, and the lowered cost per emplanement (less than 14 dollars per passenger) will help convince airliners, specifically Southwest to continue to add flights to SMF, especially with the city now growing with the upcoming MLS stadium and railyards project.

This is the wishlist I personally have for Sacramento

1. Southwest: Perhaps add flights to Hawaii due to Southwest’s upcoming introduction to Hawaii, Mexico such as Cancun or Mexico City (adds competition with Aeromexico and Volaris) or even RDU as an alternative to SJC and the growing tech emergence of Sacramento

2. American: I loved that American used to operate seasonally to Philly via US Airways and I think it was a popular destination even though there are no statistics to back it up, it’s a big tourist destination and was another flight to the East Coast. I also wondered if American could fly to Miami one day for leisure, and I hope that the success of Southwest’s flights to Orlando can convince airliners like American to invest in SMF to get flights to Florida!

3. Air Canada: Ok this one totally bugs me because the numbers and cost is there but we still cannot get Air Canada to come back to Sacramento. Sacramento I think needs a flight to Canada, not only as an additional international flight, but also because it will help government officials to travel to Canada for business. SJC and SFO and, SNA and even Palm Springs have flights to Canada, so it still amazes me why there are no flights to Canada.

4. Delta: Ok I don’t have much to say for Delta other than flights to DTW or Cincinnati. I remember Delta offered flights to DTW in 2010 by stopped it for some reason, but I think the statistics can hopefully woo Delta to bring that flight back. Also, I would love to see flights to Cincinnati especially considering that Sacramento and Cincinnati, presuming Cincinanati gets a MLS spot, will be new MLS teams and will ease the stress of MLS fans stopping over at SLC or something and moving flights to get to Cincinnati.

5. United: Nothig much to say here considering that they just added flights to EWR

6. Low Cost Carriers: Another one that really bugs me. I know that Virgin America was enticed by SMF to come here, but the high cost to fly here in 2011 or 2012 was a lot. However, those prices have dropped to less than 14 dollars, and I do think that bringing Allegiant or Frontier will increase competition in SMF due to their low ticket prices.