View Single Post
Old Posted Feb 1, 2008, 6:25 PM

Guys, I hear ya, but don't forget this is a mixed-use development, with a very heavy emphasis on 'mixed'. First it is meant as a 'Destination Resort.' This follows the vision of Thanksgiving Point, with its champioship golf course,world class gardens, museums, etc. The towers will be part Class A office, part luxury boutique hotel and part upscale residential. As far as commuter rail, Front-Runner is about to begin building it's line, which will pass right by this development. The location is phenominal as far as convenience, and is far more ideally suited to Northern Utah Valley, again the top growth area now in the State. Also, it will be built in phases, as demand increases in that particularly hyper-booming area. From my own personal viewpoint, the luxury office demand is tremendous at this location, as has already been proven across the street at Thanksgiving Point. Even in this very tricky residential market right now, I see hundreds of new-build luxury condos,single family housing, and monster homes going up at this time in this immediate area. Not only this particular Gehry plot, but some of the country's most attractive planned communities will be building to the immediate East along the bench of Traverse Ridge. Actually, this building has already begun. The list goes on and on, as to what this area will become in the next ten years.

Downtown Salt Lake is just not feasible for a development (Traverse Ridge) of this size. The Gehry Project, while flashy and an attention grabber, is but a fraction of the over-all picture for the immediate area. We're talking hundred's of acres in tandem, within a few short years. The huge attraction of this area is first it's location and second, the fact that it has been a blank slate of comparitively affordable property, when it was purchased by the developers.

Last edited by delts145; Feb 1, 2008 at 7:31 PM.