View Single Post
Old Posted Jan 24, 2012, 2:45 AM

Didn't we go through this nonsense in 2010 when they were planning to stop ALL of the towers where they were and leave them as retail stumps until market conditions would allow them to complete them. While there are several instances of that happening, there are also several instances of that failing (i.e. MetLife North tower although that was the Depression and then the war taking all of the building materials.) This is old news that was brought up again because a deadline is coming up. I say that they should build it and they will fill it eventually. NO ONE WILL INVEST IN A TOWER THAT WON'T BE BUILT!!!!! If they go ahead with construction, it will give future tenants the confidence to move into the building. Moving operations to a new building is a lengthy process that I am certain costs money to plan so a company won't plan to move if they are worried that they won't have a place to move to. If they are moving out of a building, they will cancel the lease agreement to do so. They don't want to be left hanging...