View Single Post
Old Posted Jul 27, 2011, 1:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vid View Post
The north will probably go NDP.
And in Ontario, at both the provincial and federal level, a vote for the NDP is a proxy vote for Conservative government. So yea, I could see enough drain to the NDP and enough 'change' from more right leaning Liberals going to the Hudak tories to see him win. It'd be a horrible loss for Ontario for the province to step toward such a rightward direction after the progress provincial Liberals have made. I don't agree with everything the McGuinty Liberals have done, for example some of the nanny state laws are annoying (think speeding over 140km/h getting your car impounded)... But overall it has been good progress for Ontario. I'll take a few unnecessary nanny laws for the progress Ontario has seen.

I think the campaign Ontario Liberals should embrace is a difference outlining the fact that Hudak has nothing to offer but catch-phrases. "Tax cuts" and "Spending Cuts" is the only thing Hudak knows how to utter from his mouth. He offers no plans, his government doesn't oppose the HST nor will it repeal it, and the Ontario Liberals should make an issue out of it.

McGuinty needs to get his party's message out, and draw a line in the sand. Start repeating back for every "tax cut" statement from Hudak, ask him if he'll make a committment to undo the HST and go back to the GST/PST setup. Make the Tories answer the question, if they want to complain about taxes, do they plan on scrapping the HST.

So far the Ontario Liberals haven't drawn that line in the sand for voters... Is this election going to be about empty rhetoric from Hudak regarding tax cuts/spending cuts, or is it going to be about substance?