View Single Post
Old Posted Oct 5, 2011, 2:33 AM
dream fast

Quote:
Originally Posted by ardecila View Post
It's not a black and white image; the bollards in the lower right are yellow, and the curb ramps seem to be reddish. That means the monochrome on the building is intentional.

Personally, I've always preferred to do SketchUp renderings in the most subdued colors possible. It doesn't have a sophisticated rendering engine, so it renders materials in a really horrid cartoonish way. (Some people like the aesthetic, but I don't).

As for the design: bravo. Modern, but simple and unassuming. The little notch on the corner indicates the significance of the Division/Ashland intersection without resorting to crazy antics. Plus, the building somehow incorporates a drive-thru, but it seems to be extremely hidden.

MOAR PLZ
Black & white or monochromatic, who cares, it's the same difference. The rendering doesn't do the preliminary concept justice. I don't like the cartoonish aesthetic either. The design, even at this early stage, isn't bad, IMO. The drive-thru was met with such neighborhood opposition that hiding it was well intended.