View Single Post
Old Posted Jul 18, 2019, 11:47 PM
Go kicky fast, okay!

That potential of losing the PP food court is definitely a concern. Although I wouldn't rule them out just yet (depending on what the new landlords will do to Portage Place).

If they can keep those "mall food" restaurants in place as an affordable alternative to the Hargrave Street Market and Food Hall, then by all means. I'm not saying the Food Hall will be expensive per se. I'd just tidy up the existing food court, like they did in Garden City Mall, and just continue the food services there. That's it.

And if/when the Hargrave Street Market and Food Hall are a huge hit, then that would definitely force Starlight to step up their game.

Not sure where the fear of losing the space and the status quo of Portage Place came from, but what I can say is that this was brought onto ourselves for what it is right now, and I feel that something needs to be done right now. Whether it to be tear it down and reunite Edmonton Street, or do a complete renovation by recladding/reconditioning the exterior, new curtain glass, new reclad the skywalks, and pretty much bring the whole mall into the 21st Century, not stuck in 1987.

I mean I admit, I do like the charm and the colours for its time, but frankly, it's time for it to move on. Hell, even Polo Park got out of 1986 in 2012.

And obviously, with the current "riff-raff" that hangs out there, it's obviously a more deeper issue than potentially losing a "community space" in Portage Place. I'm sure a compromise can be done though.

Now, I'm not so sure.