View Single Post
Old Posted Apr 5, 2018, 11:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by suburbanite View Post
The garden consists of two potted plants on the balcony.

Most condos have bike storage. I have a storage locker in the parking garage where I keep some camping stuff in the winter and hockey equipment in the summer. One thing I like about condo living is it prevents you from collecting too much clutter. If I don't clear out the crap that accumulates after a long work week it will start to look like an episode of hoarders real fast.
In rousseau's case, logically by the time he and his wife decide it's the moment to move into a condo one of the factors of this decision will precisely be to ensure that those gardening tools aren't needed anymore...

I bought my current bike used from an older gentleman (in really impressive physical shape) who lived in a condo tower, and he took me to the concrete parking basement to show it to me - he had the kind of locker that suburbanite describes. Pretty functional, as you'd arrive/leave biking at ground level anyway. In terms of how it functions it's very much like one's car - you may live on the nth floor, but your car is in the parking garage, and so is your bike, both readily accessible when you want to go somewhere.