View Single Post
Old Posted Mar 11, 2010, 2:31 PM
Honored Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by beyeas View Post
Ohhhhhh K.

Time for everyone to take a deep breath, smoke some if ya got it, and CALM DOWN THE $%*& down. Seriously. The last few days the tone of comments has been one of attack rather than discussion. I will even look in the mirror and include myself in that, in addition to... well... pretty much all of us on here.

I think we all need to keep in mind that what gets posted on here becomes public record, and we are not helping the development community by putting "quotables" that the anti-development folks can use.

Let's all, me included, stick to what should be the goal of this forum which is to work in a positive fashion towards improved development/design, rather than focussing on negatives.

The best way to counter an argument isn't to say why they are wrong, but to demonstrate why your point is correct. Subtle but important difference.

NB: Please note that I am not directing this at any one individual or individuals, and am blaming myself just as much as anyone else when I go back and look at some of my own posts this week.

Good points beyeas. However, sometimes people have to get angry. I for one do not believe that view planes bylaws and HRM by Design were introduced by the majority (certainly not an informed majority). This is what makes me angry is that special interest groups can introduce bylaws that are strictly enforced at the expense of the economic well being of the HRM. Being one person who was forced to move to Ontario many years ago because of a lack of job opportunities in the HRM, I feel I have a good reason to be against they self-serving A-holes. No apologies from me - these people have had their way long enough.