View Single Post
Old Posted Oct 9, 2017, 11:20 PM

Since news has been "slow" recently, here's a quick update on Foxconn. Since my last update, Foxconn has hired it's first Wisconsin employee, selected a location for the plant, held a job fair at Marquette University to fill 10,000 positions, is leasing space in Racine County to begin production while their plant is built, and is all but confirmed (in my eyes) as the owner of naming rights to the new arena...

Foxconn hires its first Wisconsin employee - USA Today

Quote:
Foxconn Technology Group has hired its first Wisconsin employee for its efforts to build a massive flat-screen plant in Racine County.
Foxconn selects Mount Pleasant site as location of $10 billion manufacturing plant

Quote:
The company said Wednesday its main plant will be bordered by Interstate 94, Braun Road, Highway H and Highway KR, on the southern border of Racine County in Mount Pleasant.

Foxconn also has carved out land to the north, between Highway 11 and Braun Road, for future expansion. Land southeast of Braun Road and Highway H will be used for construction staging and future growth.
Foxconn actively recruiting at Marquette — and UW-Madison is likely next

Job postings appear online as Foxconn announces plant location: “Growing work environment”

Foxconn to lease Mount Pleasant building to start up Wisconsin production

Peter Feigin puts international spin on pitch for Milwaukee Bucks arena naming rights

Quote:
"It's not a local deal," he said.

Feigin has said in previous interviews that the Bucks have been talking with Foxconn Technology Group about partnerships, including naming rights.

Foxconn has announced plans to build a massive technology complex in Racine County that could employ up to 13,000 people making liquid crystal display panels.

"I ran," was Feigin's response earlier this summer when asked if he had jumped at the opportunity to meet with Foxconn when it was first announced the company was considering a Wisconsin operation.
Sorry, I know it isn't skyscraper news, but it could definitely lead to some with an influx of close to 50,000 direct/indirect workers (if everything pans out) into the metro area. I do believe this deal, along with Fiserv's rumored move down 94 and into the city, could lead to some substantial residential growth downtown which could mean a few more residential towers? Or, maybe some of the planned but stalled projects like Portfolio could get out of the ground? Anyways, there should be an announcement by months end on a shiny, new world-class museum so there's that to look forward to. Let's see what Rinka Chung has up their sleeves. I hope architecturally it gives the Calatrava a run for its money.

Oh yeah, and the BMO parking garage has barricades in front of it. Looks like demo should be starting soon to make way for the BMO Harris Financial Center tower. I have the perfect view from my apartment so expect plenty of photo updates on that one.