View Single Post
Old Posted Sep 6, 2018, 10:18 PM

To be fair, their priority from the get-go was the stadium. Even in the years of speculation before we knew where it was going to be, everyone saw the new stadium coming from a mile away. Everything else was secondary and announced at about the same the stadium was pretty much finalized and ready for construction. I would have been more surprised if the other projects also got built at the same time, though I was definitely hopeful that they'd happen.

Honestly, I was cautiously skeptical that they would happen at the same time because at the time of announcement, Detroit was already seeing a boom in residential construction that looked close to peaking or at the very least, was leveling off. The amount of residential Olympia had in mind would definitely over saturate the market and cause rent prices to tumble. So the residential components of District Detroit was something I never expected to see happen anytime soon.

I am surprised about the LCHQ though. It is supposed to be finished by now. The webcams show they're still working on the exterior of the ground floors and parts of the interior, but I get the sense there's an issue with the pizza-shaped window panes. The only information I've found out about them is that they're made in Mexico but I wouldn't think that'd be an issue since the windows would be made and bought already. Maybe the unique shape is causing some unforeseen changes because of the weather? I dunno, it's pretty perplexing.