Old Posted May 30, 2012, 2:47 PM
Editor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coldrsx View Post
Sales start Sat.

Developer plans condo tower near future downtown arena
BY LEWIS KELLY, EDMONTONJOURNAL.COM MAY 29, 2012 6:02 PM

STORYPHOTOS ( 3 )

Artist's conception of the 32-storey Ultima condominium tower planned for 103rd Street south of 103rd Avenue.
Photograph by: Supplied , edmontonjournal.com
EDMONTON – Westrich Pacific Corporation will begin sales June 2 on a 32-storey luxury condominium development just south of the location of the future downtown arena.

The developer plans to begin construction on 103rd Street south of 103rd Avenue in October and finish the building in 2015 – on the opening day of the new arena, according to David Sanche, partner and co-founder of Westrich.

“We’ve had our eye on the site for quite a while,” said Sanche, 27. “It’s at the epicentre of Edmonton.”

Both Sanche and fellow Westrich co-founder Richie Lam, 31, insist their project, named the Ultima Tower, will go ahead regardless of the arena’s completion date. But they also point to recent land purchases by the Katz Group, Edmonton Oilers owner Daryl Katz’s conglomeration of companies, and WAM Development Group around the new arena’s location on 104th Avenue and 103rd Street.

http://www.edmontonjournal.com/busin...841/story.html
If I had a dollar for every time I've heard a developer give a construction start date, but start at a later time I'd be a billionaire.

I'm sure it will get built....whether it's on the expected timeline though....