View Single Post
Old Posted Nov 18, 2016, 11:52 PM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by cornholio View Post
Just selected some quotes. There is more info out there, some of which has nto been made public. Horseshoe Bay terminal is going to be incredibly expensive just to keep running. No one wants to scrap the Nanaimo run. The goal (unofficially) is to scrap the Langdale run instead by building a fixed link to Sunshine Coast. Then Horseshoe Bay terminal can continue serving Nanaimo and Bowen Island with minimal upgrades and the Langdale terminal can be used for Nanaimo runs in the future when Horshoe Bay reaches capacity again, or during Horeshoe Bay Terminal upgrades. In other words upgrade project and operational costs/risks/complexities get knocked right back down to acceptable.

http://www.bcferrycommission.ca/wp-c...iency-Plan.pdf

As I read the definition of (operational) efficiency in your B.C. Ferries attached paper (as being in part a function of meeting desired service level need) I couldn't help but wonder what if a Powell River resident with a car were to be desirous of mid night (ferry) service home (from say Vancouver or Victoria) how would he get home before daylight? That's why I think that a highway connection from the lower mainland to the Sunshine Coast and then to Campbell River on the island is of critical importance! In the wider scheme of things proper highways are critical for protecting the welfare of communities in need of quick/effective access to fire, police or medical services.