View Single Post
Old Posted Dec 1, 2011, 5:58 PM
TL;DR

Quote:
Originally Posted by the urban politician View Post
One other point:

Does anybody know if, at community meetings, SOAR has inquired about developers addressing the cityfront plaza circle and fountain appropriately?

When all 360 degrees of that circle are filled in with highrises, it could really be an iconic space for the city (especially if they eventually replace the existing fountain with something much more substantial). I would hate to see that space surrounded by large parking podia. With it being on an upper level street, it would be easy to locate parking below grade
I like Cityfront Plaza as it is. It was designed by Cooper Eckstut for the Cityfront Center master plan. The design forms an integrated series of public spaces running from Pioneer Plaza through Cityfront Plaza and along the river to Columbus.

Once filled, though, you're absolutely right that it will be a powerful space. I think they should capture some space from the roadways, though. It's basically a giant elevated dead-end, so there's no need for a ton of asphalt on the upper level.