View Single Post
Old Posted Jul 24, 2018, 12:01 PM
Fourth and Main

Projects & Construction:
I want to thank the photographers and local businesses, sharing updates on projects, who make this thread possible. Without you, these updates won't happen.

A few hours late...

Elevator Classics - This is my paternal grandfather's favorite music artist:
Video Link

Hold that elevator!

411 West Fourth / Chamber Building:
More construction updates on the bistro and upscale grocery market. It's very close to opening! They are giving previews of the bistro part of the business, but still haven't stocked the grocery market shelves, as seen in the background.

Credit: canteen411

A Sunday Brunch Preview (tickets required):

Look for details on a Nightcap & Disco event!

500 West Fifth:

Credit: livingwellsnc

Union Station & Streetcar Yard:
Workers are now constructing the bus bays and future streetcar bays. When this opens, half of the bus traffic will move to this site. Many of us, including me, believe the city will one day sell the downtown bus station site to a developer and move everything here. This is the better building and once people use it, they will prefer this site and the city can move everything here with no objections. This will elevate riding the bus, with quality design and materials, such as marble walls. As rail transit is reintroduced, it will also allow for easy transfers between modes. It also has retail/restaurant spaces.

Bus Bays (and future Streetcar Bays) for loading and turning-around (notice it's rounded for large vehicle turns, like buses and streetcars):

Credit: ladanielneal

Twin City Motors Building Adaptive-reuse:

Notice the historical information from the developer (far left window) on this former Ford Factory & Dealership:

Credit: lili_____fru12

Efird Block Restoration:
This project will be office and retail, with the possibility of a rooftop bar (if the tenant wants it). They have already pre-leased the corner retail space. It is one of several retail spaces in this project. GBX Group will restore the original office spaces, to create an awesome 1925 retro look for any creative and tech companies interested. It should be a fun place to have an office! It looks like something you would see in an old film noir from the 1940s. I'm sure it will be a popular filming location! Maybe this is why the Cleveland-based developer is so excited about this project?

They will restore the brick building to look like this: (It has Four Floors: Two Retail Floors and Two Office Floors)

Source: GBX Group

The four-storey east facades are 45 feet (13.75 metres) tall.

Second Street Park:
Remember this project? It's now under construction and we have our first photograph of the construction!

Credit: justinchandler1988

Hotel Indigo:
This hotel is now on the main Hotel Indigo site, with a February 17, 2019 opening? I'm guessing the October 31 date is when the restaurants will open? The address has changed to 110 West Fourth. Plans now include a wine bar on the mezzanine level and a farm-to-table restaurant with bar on the ground floor. This is a "no pets" hotel.

Credit: vintage.camera.guy

Design & Cost Estimating:

Credit: sunnysidemillwork

Link Apartments Innovation Quarter:
An update from the WSTB Forum on this project.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GaelicDrip @ WSTB Forum
Winston Junction:
We are now seeing more updates on this construction project! It's a multi-tenant retail/restaurant/entertainment venue, located behind The Ramkat and Wise Man Brewing. You can see they have removed the bricks blocking the original window openings. Walls are also framed-out.

"New/old openings at Winston Junction project. Multiple bays, working on central hall"

Credit: industryhillwsnc

Earl's Restaurant:

Credit: earlsws

Live Music Venue: (Notice they removed the bricks from the window openings)

Credit: wadecodesign

Incendiary Brewing Company:

Credit: incendiarybrew

Off-Subject:

A look inside the office space at Fourth & Trade:

Credit: jueldlane

The photographer is "re- imaging Ernie Barnes’s painting, The Maestro." I'm guessing that space is now used for photography, since I've seen a few other photo shoots in that space, by other local photographers?

Winston-Salem is awesome!