View Single Post
Old Posted Apr 3, 2014, 4:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philly Fan View Post
That must be the "parking podium" on which the future Phase 2 building would sit, but which would be built as part of Phase 1 (see page 19):

http://southofsouth.org/sites/southo...lan-phase1.pdf

In any event, that wall clearly would face the elevated approach to the South Street Bridge (unless I'm misinterpreting the rendering), so I'm not sure how much it would affect pedestrian street life, per se (other than aesthetically).
Josef, also look at the first page of this thread, and scroll down to the 9th photo, (sorry, I'm not familiar with inserting photos, I usually make errors, so I don't bother..lol) anyway, it shows phase 2's parking podium to be built first, which is part of Phase 1. (which looks to be that wall you're talking about) Phase 1's tower sits farther back, and you're right, there's no security guards at the street or pavement level. I can't guarantee that muggings won't happen here, but what do the people who walk the river walk do at night? It's unsafe anywhere you walk. If you're that afraid, carry mace, or get a license to carry a gun. All kidding aside, Philly is not street friendly, just like any city for that matter.