View Single Post
Old Posted Dec 21, 2016, 7:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TempleGuy1000 View Post

While north broad is not a fabulous blvd like it should be, it most certainly is not what you describe. Abandoned cars piled up? Sidewalks reduced to rumble? lol what? I guess you choose to not see the hundreds of trees they have planted the past two years or the dozens of planters boxes? Once your below Spruce on South Broad, it might as well be North Broad. North Broad just has better restaurants.

North Broad needs a lot of work but in this day and age, it's no Leigh Ave.

1487 would know better than me but I am pretty sure the poles came from a grant that was released in 2008 before the recession.

Also as a final note, North Broad is one of the few streets that does get cleaned outside of Center City
Great article from Curbed: http://philly.curbed.com/2016/12/14/...n-philadelphia

It's a start!
Don't make me learn to load photos on here so I can document my evidence. Actually, that wouldn't be a bad thing. I walk around center city to check out projects all the time so should probably take a few moments to figure out how to deal with photos on this site and share things.

I'm not saying North Broad is some dystopian hellscape, and some stretches are in much better shape than others. But there are definitely spots were the sidewalk is almost falling apart, lots of trash in some vacant lots, and pretty sure I have seen some abandoned cars...I've seen the trees and planter boxes and they are good moves in the right direction (though a lot of the planters are used as glorified trashcans; Melissa Romero of curbed just noted this, and I think had some pictures in the article)