View Single Post
Old Posted May 18, 2012, 6:14 PM

This was a big discussion earlier in the thread, and I don't think any consensus was really reached.

But that said, both Moncton and Halifax make good (and similar) arguments for getting a CFL team.

Time will tell for what will happen, but I think the big difference between the cities is as follows:

Moncton is reaching out and trying to put a good faith showing that it can support a team and is willing to be flexible to support the team.

Halifax to date, hasn't appeared to be reaching out, and in some ways has seemed to be contracting away from anything sports related lately.

My own gut feeling is that we've got a 5 year (give or take) window that is open now, after which the momentum will be full speed towards a Maritime team of some sort. Right now Moncton's approaching full speed, while Halifax hasn't left the station yet. Halifax COULD conceivably catch up to Moncton's lead and surpass it, but it needs to start taking action soon. A few more years (especially when Moncton gets a few TiCat home games under its belt), and it'll be too late.