View Single Post
Old Posted Sep 12, 2017, 6:56 PM
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by nolafan View Post
I know I'm probably beating a dead horse here, but has anyone heard anything about 1031 Canal, Virgin Hotel, or Canopy Hotel?
Virgin is starting any day now.. 1031 no one will ever know.

Canopy Hotel had some progress on legal issues . ill see if i can find more about that one.

1031 Canal will probably move forward when someone can gain control of the property that can actually develop it

One thing ive noticed recently is projects that were more recently announced seem to go from proposal to construction alot quicker than some of these older projects that still cant get off the ground. Means these new projects are being better funded probably with outside NOLA money and hence are shorter development periods. So always good to be aware of people that propose projects but dont have the capital to build them or the track record to secure funding, Most new projects seem to be getting off the ground and ones from three years ago are stagnant. I would expect some projects to be taken over by others soon: projects like 1031 canal, the moxy st charles, jackson oaks, the parkway, via latrobe, and perhaps the canopy hotel. we have seen this already with jaeger buying out some of the investors in 1630 canal project.

Last edited by tennis1400; Sep 12, 2017 at 7:07 PM.