View Single Post
Old Posted Oct 8, 2010, 9:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doady View Post
Some of these places are not well-kept that's for sure. But slum refers to neighbourhood, not specific buildings. These are spread all over cities, you find them in almost every neighbourhood in Ontario. Is every neighbourhood in Ontario a slum? C'mon. Some of these buildings are located in very wealthy areas.
Slum was just used in my title. You guys really are making too much of a big deal out of the title.
I just called it a slum in the title because that is what many people in the single family homes feel these buildings are.

It does not matter if it is a slum or not in your eyes. In the preception of many residents they are considered a slum and that has other side effects.

For example, I have talked with a number of people who left suburban Toronto for the newer suburbs because they did not want to live near these unkept towers.

And it does not change the fact these buildings need to be upgraded and the whole neighbourhood is looking very shabby and needs a clean up with public realm improvments.