View Single Post
Old Posted May 4, 2012, 6:17 PM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by LAofAnaheim View Post
Yes, but do you know the real reasons behind those delays? Farmdale (thanks to FixExpo and their misguided grade crossing fiasco). Flower street needs signal synchronization but LADOT wants to maintain a "Level of Service". The Regional Connector is needed to move trains faster through downtown (stopped by voters in 1998 after Prop A).

All these problems boil down to scared minority groups. I know you are not a fan of government; but there are good parts and bad parts. Not all government is bad. When you look at the real issue of "why" something is wrong, then it stems from a misunderstood minority group and not Metro or a government organization. It's easy to blindly blame government for everything (though some stuff is bad, but don't everybody be doing something bad at some point - corporations or people?); but there are good elements too.
It's also funny how any comment made that govt. should try to do better is met by the comment that I must be anti-governement. Let me be clear: urban transit must be run by government; it is a subsidized service run for the benefit of the entire city, serving businesses and personal purposes.

But that doesn't have to mean you turn into a sheep bleating out that it's the NIMBY's that caused the problem. Everybody knows that there are NIMBY's in every city and district in the country. One of the GOALS of proper political management is to AVOID these problems. If you don't avoid or minimize the problems (e.g., by sorting out the key issues from the smaller ones) you have already lost and need to be replaced. (Btw, this is true of any business, non-profit, sports team, club, PTA, whoever).

I'm also having some trouble figuring out how you blame the NIMBY's for the design and architecture shortcomings, the Culver City station not opening, the lack of grade separation, the car that was crushed, etc. These may or may not be MTA's fault, but they are hired to deal with these problems and the NIMBY's wouldn't seem to care either way.