View Single Post
Old Posted Mar 15, 2017, 10:23 PM

A couple of other new projects for the northern and western fringes of the city centre.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VDB View Post
Downtown | Ordsall
Apartments | Salford

Thread: http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showth...=579741&page=7

• Address: 51 Woden St, Ordsall, Salford, M5

• Architect: Leach Rhodes Walker

• Floors: 15, 10, 7 & 4

• Contractor: McGoff & Byrne

• No. of apartments: 372

• Developer: Villafont

Current status

Groundworks

Nearest transport

Groundworks now starting at Downtown, update by Stopfordian Dreamer.

Ordsall is beginning to be a hive of activity now, its close proximity to the city centre and Salford Quays is being realised by developers it seems. There are now nearly 2,000 apartments in the pipeline for the area.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VDB View Post
Angel Meadows | Irk Valley
Residential | City Zone

Thread: http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showth...#post138928578

• Angel Meadows all plots, Dantic St/Dulwich St, Irk Valley, City Zone Manchester M3

• Architect: 5Plus

• Floors: 41, 22, 17, 12 & 9

• Cost: £200m

• Number of apartments: 754

• Planning application: due to be submitted April

• Developer: Far East Consortium

Current status

Pre-Planning

Nearest transport:

Plans have been revealed for Angel Meadows, a major new residential proposal centred on Angel Meadows Park near Victoria station.

The proposals will be delivered on behalf of Far East Consortium and Manchester City Council and involve a bookend 41-storey tower to act as a landmark and entice development further into North Manchester.

Quality of photos isn't the best, currently trying to source higher quality shots.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mileymc1 View Post
Better image below. Planning to go in April. Due to approval, groundworks to commence Autumn 2017. To be build in one phase with homes to be ready as early as 2019. Full completion expected by 2020.

I'd image this will be more the luxury end than student accommodation scheme. Looking at there previous work they generally give good floor height and this has a large podium/retail space below with double height. My guess, I don't think this will be far off the 140m mark.