View Single Post
Old Posted Apr 24, 2012, 5:35 PM
You can call me David

Thank you all

I just wanted to thank all the recent contributors for the many great new posts in the last few weeks. It seems like this thread has been getting busier, and it's harder to respond to everything of interest -- and nearly everything posted here is interesting.

GW, I read through your Berkeley Square page and was really impressed. Obviously a huge amount of research went into it and it's interesting to read all the little details. What an amazing little neighborhood, and what a shame that it's gone.

e_r, in many of your posts it seems you've been reading my mind; several of your topics have somehow focused on places I've recently visited. Weird. I was glad to read the posts about the Story Building, as I had seen that name repeatedly when researching Lookout Mountain and wondered what the "story" was. Where did you find that "Hollywood Citizen" page? Are there more issues and/or covers available somewhere?

fhammon, good to see your mention of Nick's. We almost went there for breakfast a couple weeks ago, while exploring the "Cornfield" area. (Oops, that reminds me, I have some pics of old buildings there, that I meant to post.)

ersatz01, thanks for the Story Building photo. You saved me a trip downtown! Or maybe I'll go anyway, and explore something else instead.

And finally, Wenders, thanks for the info about the 7017 Senalda house. I've been exploring near that area too (actually the High Tower / Hollywood Heights neighborhood, which I plan to write about soon).

Actually, I've been doing tons of L.A. explorations lately, some with friends I've newly recruited to the hobby, I just haven't been so great about documenting it all here. More soon, I promise.

Anyway, thanks again, everyone. Great stuff!