View Single Post
Old Posted Mar 13, 2012, 5:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheEmotionalstone View Post
You see, I live in Cloverdale (Super-block - 188-192st, 56-60Ave) and the most frequent way I travel to and from university is by bus, by taking either the 341 or the 320. The problem I have is that the bus service, for either bus, is infrequent (every 30 minutes). Every day, I have to plan my schedule to the bus schedule, which means that, if I have a class that starts at 8:00am, I have to get to the bus stop at 7:05 for a bus that arrives at 7:19 and gets me to my destination at 7:27. The reason I have to get a bus half an hour early is that if I somehow miss that first bus, I have no other option but to sit and wait for a bus that comes 30 minutes later! (not fun in the winter when it's mostly cold and wet, and there is no bus shelter!)
I used to live in a similar area where all routes come every 30min (and no shelter too!). And since I'm near the end of route, basically the bus can come at almost any time. Worse, I sometimes have to make untimed connection to another route that runs every 30min.

But now, this problem is partially solved as you can now track the position of your bus online. So you can leave when the bus comes near or make alternative arrangement ahead of time if you know your bus isn't coming. It would be less of a problem whether your bus comes every 15min, 30min, or hourly. I wish they had this when I was suffering from waiting at a bus stop for 2+ hours