View Single Post
Old Posted Apr 27, 2007, 7:18 PM

Don't Forget Vinyard and Foothill Farms. Also, Antellope and perhaps North Highlands. NH is really blighted (but improving) and would flounder on it's own.

Vinyard is slated for develepment and already has a Sacramento address. So does Foothill Farms. AResidents in Antelope used to use a Sacramento address until the 90's.

All in all, with all of the new development , annexing all of the mentioned CDPs, including Carmichael and Fair Oaks would bolt Sacramento past San Francisco in population.

Personally, I think Organgevale would be better off connected to Citrus Heights or Folsom.

With all of these incorporations, Sacramento County will have to get out the minicipal service business out of economic necessity. Almost all of the unincorporated areas will have to be in an incorporated city. I believe rules like that exist in Yolo and Solano counties.

It's my opinion that things haven't change much in Arden-Arcade becuase of apathy and ambivalance. What percentage of residents in "Arden Arcade" were unaware that they we're not in the city of Sacramento already (prior to the incorporation drive). I can see the confusion when giving their address out. Gee...I don't live at 2300 El Camino Ave in Sacramento any more, now it's 2300 El Camino Ave, Arden-Arcade, CA. Yuck.....

Michael Kramer

Los Angeles

formerly from...
San Francisco
Sacramento
San Mateo