View Single Post
Old Posted Jan 31, 2013, 9:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Novacek View Post
Ah, 2000 each. I misunderstood your earlier statement, I thought you meant the entire building (both duplexes) was ~2000. As I said, I can't tell the actual size from the photo.

But my earlier statement still holds, on any lot in the city (basically) you can build a ~2300 building with ~1000 duplex units.
In one of the weirdest coincidences ever, the building I took a picture of last month and posted above just happened to have been featured in March 2006 Austin Chronicle of "McMansion or Not" shown at building stage in the link below:

http://www.austinchronicle.com/news/2006-03-10/346276/

I swear I didn't plan that - I was just visiting my favorite restaurant the other day, saw a pretty town home and thought to myself "hmm. . .I wonder why anyone would want to ban these" and snapped a picture. Anyway - the Chronicle in March of 2006 was pointing to this very same building as being a "McMansion".

I put it to others. . .is that building so offensive and out of character with Hyde Park that it should have been made illegal?

Mike - you're a Hyde Park resident now - should the city be protecting you from that?