View Single Post
Old Posted May 8, 2017, 3:56 PM
Beer me Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by lio45 View Post
A SSP Classic: The Great Canadian "Man, I couldn't possibly endure living in the climate of your city!" Discussion Thread.

From an external point of view - imagine yourself discovering a online Danish discussion forum where Danes are all pointing out that the climates in the other Danes' hometowns are unbearably brutal and vice versa...
Ah come on, don't you know how that extra half degree in winter averages or 100 hours more of sunshine can be all the difference!

On a serious note, it is amazing how Canadian will fight over the smallest difference in our climate - when the rest of the world thinks our weather sucks.

That said, I do remember this story - possibly the only time our crappy weather was used to attract immigrants!
Quote:
Family find their dream place in the gloom

Many families dream of emigrating to the sun but one family from South Africa have just realised their desire and moved to the wettest and cloudiest town in Canada.

The Viviers, who suffer from a life-threatening allergy to sunshine, have moved to Prince Rupert where appalling weather offers everything they crave - regularly overcast skies and 100 inches of rain, sleet and snow each year.
Back on the High Veldt in South Africa, the Viviers were forced to lead a near-nocturnal life. Of the four members of the family, three - Johannes and his two teenage children, Domonic, 18, and Heloise, 15 - suffer from the debilitating genetic disease porphyria.
With only 1,200 hours of sunshine a year (compared to Britain's average of 1,650 hours), Prince Rupert seemed ideal.
Link

Do something about your future.