View Single Post
Old Posted Feb 19, 2012, 10:54 PM

More stompin' around....

It's the middle of winter, there's barely any snow, and the temperature is sittin' somewhere around 0 degrees C. Stellar conditions for hack photography in the world's 784th best city!

Uninspired squares:

The building on the right is a former 3 star-ish hotel now revamped into overpriced apartments:

Wet'n'Dirty, not unlike a couple gals I met around the corner:

A pal from back home (used to working in the Calgary area) had a 6 month contract doing engineering work in Winnipeg. He was put up in one of the towers in the background during a particularly violent summer, and the first night in town witnessed a hammer attack, to be followed a couple nights later with people running down the street with machetes. He was moved to the suburbs shortly thereafter:

Winnipeg is like a brilliant physicist hooked on glue; loads of potential just waiting for that divine slap in the face to wake up and turn everything around:

You're sure you wouldn't rather try the Best Western, Honey?

The Manitoba Telecom Company, our local contribution to the Shaw/Telus/Rogers gangbang:

Sneakin' around the roof of our sad underground mall:

When approached by security and asked what you're "doing up there," don't reply "scuba diving." It confuses them:

Yep:

I'm assuming Andy6 is the twin on the left:

A touch of art deco for y'all:

Window Dressing:

Winnipeg in February. Note the lack of our usual igloos and festive transgendered mimes:

Patriotism - bolstering the flag industry since 1867:

These two lil' fellas belong in Saint John or something, but I'm glad they wound up here:

Main offices of the Manitoba Guild of Leprechaun Trappers:

The heart - or to be more accurate, spleen - of the city:

They don't make 'em like they used to:

The Avenue Building, soon to be new Apartments. I was kinda hoping for varied bright colours on the balconies to give the structure some life, but the reflective metal is sorta cool too, I guess:

The Paris Building, blown up to show a bit o' detail:

Fuckin' rights:

A touch of Turin or something:

Portage Avenue, named World's Best Avenue to be Named After a Portage:

Far out:

Winnipeg Art Gallery, I believe the nation's 5th largest collection:

I have yet to meet a racist zebra:

Thus concludes our tour. Thanks for lookin' around my area during the filthiest time of year!

Last edited by 1ajs; Feb 19, 2012 at 11:08 PM. Reason: avenue building is not condos its apartments