View Single Post
Old Posted Sep 30, 2007, 9:49 PM
Closed account

Quote:
Originally Posted by neuhickman79 View Post
BrianSac and econgrad....MOVE SOMEWHERE ELSE if you don't like it here!!!!!! Stay in the suburbs and stay out of skyscraperpage. You are infesting us with your suburban filth! Seriously, I cannot believe I am seeing this from people on here when the case is made so well for urban living. Sacramento is not the best example of urban living. But, please don't come here and bag on Sacramento as many people here love this city passionately (including myself!). WTF are you doing here if you don't even like Sacramento as it is!? My advice....shutup about how sucky you think Sacramento is or look around at the gem of a city we have and start making a positive contribution to this forum!
Tell me to shut up? Glad this is just a forum...
First off, I never bagged on the city. I am bagging on the people who hold downtown and midtown as something sacred compared to the terrible suburbs where the majority of us live. The truth is, there really is no difference. The people are the same, the restaurants are pretty much the same, and the bars and clubs and parties (Wburg, your downtowniness doesn't scare anyone!...don't be a dork, you have made me think about preservation, something I have never really cared about before. And I hope we see each other at a party downtown sometime and you would know who I really am...but I will remain anon on this thread. And you say Streets, The Park, and 58 degrees are now suburban Hangouts?? Well, Old I's, The Distillery, Golden Bear, Blue Lamp, Zebra, Bennies (Q street), and even those urban parties would be emtpy without people driving into downtown and hanging out and spending money....there would be nothing downtown at all without the so called suburbanites coming to visit.) that are happening in midtown are full of all the people who live in Roseville, Folsom, Carmichael, etc. I was responding to another post from someone asking why somoeone would buy a condo in West Sacramento or Downtown Sacramento, when you can purchase a house with a yard and pool for less in the outer areas. My point was, there is no good reason yet, and yet people are marketing Midtown as something special, I claim it is not anything special yet. Do I want it to be special? Yes! Read all my previous posts and you will see I stick up for this city just as much as everyone else, I even went after the administrators who run this forum because they let some jerk off try to make Sacramento look bad when he posted the thread about the Train attack. Remember?
So, back to the main issue before this drama because you are hurt from criticism of your "Sacred Midtown"...boo hoo...

Most people in the Sac Metro Area, will not buy an expensive condo in Downtown yet, because it is just not worth it if you can buy an incredible house for the same price on American River Drive in Carmichael. So, the condos are just not worth it yet. Over time, downtown will be built up, and become something special (I hope...) but it looks like not for another decade or so.. right now it offers nothing different than what Folsom, Roseville, or Davis cannot offer. The same people who hang out downtown are the same people who live in the suburbs. Ask around at the next 2nd Saturday, the streets are full of people, and 80 percent of them, looking at the art, drinking free wine, walking around dressed night, performing music in the streets,etc, live in the suburbs! Get over yourselves. We are all in the same metro area....

Last edited by econgrad; Sep 30, 2007 at 11:12 PM.