View Single Post
Old Posted Apr 13, 2012, 11:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by J. Will View Post
The increase in capacity isn't even the largest advantage to open interior trains to me. The largest advantage is to be able to walk to less crowded parts of the train, and to be able to make your way to the other end of the train while it's still in motion instead of wasting 60-90 seconds after you get off the train.
That's why I always try to position myself for where I'm going. For example, when I take the red line in the morning to Gallery Place to switch to the yellow line, I know it's best to be in the first car because it lines up perfectly with the walkway down to the lower level yellow/green line platforms. Meanwhile in the afternoon I always try to be in the 2nd car from the front on the yellow line because it lines up with the escalators up to the red line platform at Gallery Place. And once I'm there, I usually try to make my way down to the middle or forward door of the 3rd car from the front because it lines up with the Dupont north escalators to exit (I used to exit at Dupont South and would always try to board the 6th car on the red line, but Dupont South is frustratingly closed until this fall).