View Single Post
Old Posted Apr 4, 2007, 9:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shasta View Post
There are two rumors I have been hearing. The first is that there have been speculative plans for a Mandarin Oriental in downtown Houston. I didn't hear that it would be in this exact location but rather that it would be near Market Square (which this is). The second came from the Chronicle about up to 6 possible downtown towers on the boards. One of the projects was stated to be a mixed-use project by Linbeck Construction. The Chronicle didn't narrow down the location but they did say it would be near this area.

So, I am hoping that it is the Linbeck mixed-use project and that it involves the Mandarin Oriental!
These rumors are really starting to add up. The mayor was also real happen a few weeks back about an unnamed project happening. This must be it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by colemonkee View Post
Very nice, and a great location in the skyline. With the curve running up the side, it reminds me a bit of the Mandarin Oriental proposed for Chicago.
The towers look very much alike. Here is a photo of the MO in Chicago, possibly Houston, then Dallas: