View Single Post
Old Posted Apr 8, 2017, 2:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mello View Post
Unfortunately I don't think Manchester Pacific Gateway will sufficiently fill the skyline gap as viewed from Harbor or Shelter Island because the tall towers are on the North End of the project. I have recently walked on both Shelter/Harbor Islands and there will still be a sizeable gap because the buildings on the South end of Manchester Project are stubby.

I think 7th and Market might fill the gap from Shelter Island but it will be blocked from view on Harbor Island. In fact from Shelter 15th St. Pinnacle tower is actually filling in the gap a bit because it is so tall. Someone should go to the Bali Hai and take a zoomed in shot of the skyline from that vantage point you are truly looking straight on at the CBD from the bay not angled of kilter at all.

Speaking of 7th/12th Market PLEASE break ground soon before some crazy economic/war uncertainty happens and delays them. Stop lagging City of SD and get those damn projects started
I'm nervous about 7th/Market too. Any updates on when it might break ground? It's really depressing seeing the site across the street that was supposed to be another hotel turned into another surface lot.

As long as we have the 500' limit, we'll have the plateau effect. Meanwhile, in SF salesforce, the tallest building, (overtaking transamerica tower) topped out at 1070 ft (more than twice as high as our OAP ). The views from it are pretty incredible though: http://www.mercurynews.com/2017/04/0...citys-tallest/

Maybe someone on here who is a real estate agent can confirm my theory, but it seems like downtown condo buyers in San Diego are becoming more "height conscious". I live in a 7 floor condo building and not one, not two, but three people in my building have told me they are selling because they want to move into a taller building on a high level floor. For a long time many people buying downtown seemed content with these mid-rise developments, but lately it seems like more demand for the true high rises. Anyone else sense this?