View Single Post
Old Posted Apr 8, 2017, 4:42 AM
Registered San Diegan

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDCAL View Post
Maybe someone on here who is a real estate agent can confirm my theory, but it seems like downtown condo buyers in San Diego are becoming more "height conscious". I live in a 7 floor condo building and not one, not two, but three people in my building have told me they are selling because they want to move into a taller building on a high level floor. For a long time many people buying downtown seemed content with these mid-rise developments, but lately it seems like more demand for the true high rises. Anyone else sense this?
I don't know about recent trends, but I do remember a long form article in the Reader about the SD skyline which had an interview with Nat Bosa himself. He was frustrated by the height limit, but was resigned to it nonetheless. Miami, Las Vegas and Boston have all had the political leadership to challenge the FAA on their height limits, but our leadership seems content on the issue. Midrise developments seem poised to continue, unless there really is a market swing upwards.