View Single Post
Old Posted Mar 19, 2017, 4:14 AM
Chillin' in The Burgh

Quote:
Originally Posted by FREKI View Post
Thanks for guessing guys!

That it is indeed!

I'll make a Dubai thread and write more of my feelings of the place later, but shortly put Dubai was quite surprising regarding how "half arsed" it was..

Nothing was really finished, not even the modern areas - even the iconic areas most of us was amazed by a decade ago - you walk by a 300m building only to find an empty sand filled lot next to it, with garbage..

And the old town - while it's no secret Dubai didn't really exist until about 50 years ago was like a time travel trip to the 70s and not in a positive way.. ( again unfinished and rough and without any charm - actually reminded me a lot of Basra. )

Anyways we did have a great trip there and I've got a lot of awesome photos I'm looking forward to sharing, I was just surprised and thought I'd have a little fun with it
What do you think is the future of Dubai? Do you think in 50 years it will have righted its wrongs and become a growing tourist seeing marvel? Or do you think they are running out of money and Abu Dhabi will far surpass Dubai as the #1 city in UAE?

Will Dubai become a run down Las Vegas?

I can't stand fake cities like Las Vegas. I know it's a marvel but it's not authentic. It's not a real city that is contributing to humanity.

Thought?