View Single Post
Old Posted Jul 1, 2012, 10:25 PM
hähnchenbrüstfiletstüc

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyeJay View Post
A lease of ten years sounds good! I'm glad you enjoyed yourself. South Park Street is a wonderful area to extend Spring Garden Road's retail and restaurant hub. We'll see if Park Victoria's former Trinity location becomes something. I know while I lived there, I always thought a Tim Hortons/Second Cup would have been perfect, considering all the students.
I don't know how likely this is to happen, but now that the Trillium is complete it is a good time to overhaul the ground floor level of Park Victoria. The large setback serves almost no purpose given the park right across the street and the arrangement of the sidewalk. The black fence makes makes the whole place uninviting and gives it a private condo feel, which doesn't work given the retail spaces at ground level.

If they built a few floors out to the street they could put in more retail, nicer landscaping, and a rooftop patio for residents. It would be better all around.

There are probably a dozen or more buildings like this in the area. The condos probably won't change but it's not so far-fetched to redevelop the apartment buildings a little.