View Single Post
Old Posted Oct 15, 2014, 2:54 PM
video et taceo

i am not that worried about ebola at this point, but i do find a lot of the online unflappability to ring a bit false.

it's always so numerical. and numbers, while seemingly the most objective thing to which one can possibly link one's opinions, do need some context sometimes.

what if a tribe of sasquatches moved down from the mountaintops, proved themselves real and began snatching people from the woods throughout british columbia? what if this continued for a year, and 2,000 people died and vancouver island residents could barely look towards their windows at night for fear of nearly-human faces grinning awful grins?

would this be frightening? or would people on the internet say "well strokes kill 13,283 canadians each year and i don't see you freaking out about that... maybe get a grip."

if people on the internet did say this, would they have a point? or is there room to consider novelty and shock as elements of a rational opinion?

are the only rational opinions the ones that are expressed coolly and dispassionately?

sasquatches are frightening, or would be if they were real.

so are the hemorrhagic fevers, i think.

Last edited by kool maudit; Oct 15, 2014 at 3:17 PM.