View Single Post
Old Posted Jan 3, 2024, 6:55 PM
New Yorker for life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Busy Bee View Post
You couldn't pay me enough to stand in those cattle corrals for 8 hours waiting for midnight. There's nothing organic about the TS New Years anymore, not since the post Sept 11 security state came into effect... nothing "natural" about this gathering. There's almost as many cops as revelers there. What people find so fun about this I have no idea.
Eight hours? You, sir, would be late. People stand for many more hours than that. But people come from all around the world to do it. They would probably be disappointed that you wouldn't want to join them. But I say to each his own. I've done it about 3 times, but only do it for someone who's never had the experience. I would much rather see it from indoors somewhere (preferably somewhere that has a bathroom). But nothing compares to actual experience.

Now, for another New Year's tradition I personally wouldn't do...

Video Link

JANUARY 1, 2023

“Office buildings are our factories – whether for tech, creative or traditional industries we must continue to grow our modern factories to create new jobs,” said United States Senator Chuck Schumer.