View Single Post
Old Posted Jun 15, 2004, 9:17 PM
Me?!?

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrightchr
great posts again Dave...you are on top of the news

as for area transportation projects and HATS...i can name numerous improvements that will be taking place within the next few years, including:

the 21st street/camp hill bypass intersection project should be underway within the next 6 months-1 year or so. that project is long overdue!

the widening of US 22 from penbrook to colonial park with improvements to progress ave/allentown blvd is also in the engineering phase.

northern and southern gateway projects....and numerous other highway/roadway widenings and rehabilitations and improvement projects.

the US 15/581 widening project has the most beneficial impact to the region though IMO...i will widen US 15 from market street in CH south to the new interchange by the capital city mall to 6 lanes. ramp improvements to 581 will also reduce congestion. this project will allow the interchange to become upgraded to interstate standards...which is not currently met because of the current interchange configuration. this means that PA 581 could be replaced with an interstate designation within the next few years. maybe the beltway will become I-483??? it's anybodys guess right now, but the idea has been floating around for some time and it has potential.
Thank you, Chris, I try to be. Not an easy job, though LOL It's funny, I remember the days when I would have 1-2 big news posts per week. Now it's everyday. Again I say GO HBG!!! :carrot:

As for the projects you listed, they are MUCH needed as you said. I-483...hmmm, that has a nice ring to it. We are almost approaching the territory of Baltimore/DC with all of these beltway numbers.

Quote:
as for the new university...i heard that the old DT post office grounds are being considered for ground zero and development of the major buildings for the institution? i think i read that on a post you made before...or maybe in the paper??? not sure, but that area makes the most sense to me, because it's close to DT, the sci-tech high school, and would be reasonable for commuters/residential students alike. maybe we'll see some highrise residential dorms...similar to the communist block looking ones in state college lol. wouldn't that just add something to the skyline
Yeah I read that in the news and then I posted it, so who knows where exactly you heard it from LOL The only thing I can see becoming a problem is A) parking (a biggie) and B) future expansion. When I think of Poly's campus, I already think "school". The DT Post Office, kind of. But I picture something smaller there and/or something that will run out of room in no time. I am 50/50 on the issue to be honest with you and I would be happy with either location with an ever so slight nudge to DT for the obvious reasons (student pop., even more businesses will open in that immediate area, etc.).