View Single Post
Old Posted Jan 23, 2014, 3:37 PM

Interesting idea for interlining 96 & 93 service--very practical and probably close to revenue-neutral.

I like the idea of removing the southern half of the 168. My variant of this suggestion would be to keep the northern half only, and make it bidirectional. That way, people transferring to the 96 could take the bus in either direction (to Terry Fox or Eagleson) whichever comes first, effectively doubling service frequency. It would be completely revenue-neutral.

After the Confederation Line opens, the city will merge local & express routes in Orleans to create a network of local routes terminating at Blair. The redesign would be easy as Orleans' black & green routes have almost the exact same paths.

After Phase 2 I presume the city will do the same thing for Kanata with routes converging on Bayshore. However in Kanata-Stittsville a complete redesign of the local route network would be necessary, as the blacks & greens follow very different paths, especially in Kanata South. Hopefully all our of suggestions will get implemented then! (Ideally before then, though. 2023 is a long way away).